GARMISCH (GERMANY) – The blue Sofia Goggia has reported the broken fracture of the left radius in the fall today in the super giant of Garmisch. The athlete from Bergamo and will be operated directly in Garmisch in the afternoon. The recovery is set at least six weeks and this means that for Sofia the season is over.
Sofia Goggia is Olympic champion in the downhill at Pyeongchang 2018, winner of the downhill World Cup in 2018 and two world medals.
Physically robust and powerful , has characteristics of versatility that allow it to express itself at a high level in all disciplines of alpine skiing (except the special slalom).
It holds the national record of points scored in a single edition of the World Cup (1197 in 2017) and podiums (13 in the same year, making it the first Italian skier capable of achieving four specialties) .
Sofia Goggia's results in the Ski World Cup.
- Best overall ranking: 3rd in 2017
- Downhill World Cup winner in 2018
- 27 podiums: (12 downhill, 9 in supergiant, 5 in giant slalom, 1 in combined)
- 7 wins (4 downhill, 3 supergiant)
- 13 second places (6 downhill, 4 in supergiant, 3 in giant slalom)
- 7 third places (2 downhill, 2 in supergiant, 2 in giant slalom, 1 in combined) (Ansa and Wikipedia sources, YouTube video).
Source: Blitz Quotidiano