DUBLIN (IRELAND) – UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) star Conor McGregor announced in a tweet his retirement from the octagon.
But not all of his fans who follow him on social media believe that the mixed martial arts champion is really willing to abandon the sport: as reported by the tabloid The Sun, in fact, this is the third time that McGregor says he wants to leave.
The 31-year-old Irishman announced his retirement last time on March 26 of last year, before returning to fight in January against Donald Cerrone, who knocked out in just 40 seconds.
The Sun suggests that this time could be the definitive one, since his future is uncertain because of the crisis caused by the coronavirus: it will be difficult for him to obtain the compensation he asks because for the foreseeable future the matches will be played behind closed doors and without the Revenue from ticket sales McGregor has no incentive to fight, notes the tabloid.
But not everyone thinks so: thousands of fans have commented on the news on social media and some have accepted it with skepticism.
"Hmmm, should we believe it this time ?" Wrote one of them.
" I've heard this before, " said another. (source ANSA article).
Source: Blitz Quotidiano