WIMBLEDON (ENGLAND) – The Wimbledon tennis tournament, scheduled from June 29 to July 12, has been canceled due to the Covid-19 coronavirus epidemic, it's the first time since 1945.
The organizers said it in a note. This is the first time since the end of the Second World War that an edition of the tournament on the London grass fields is canceled.
In addition, ATP and WTA have announced that men's and women's professional tennis circuits will remain suspended until July 13, the entire field tournament season.
Last month, another Grand Slam tournament, Roland-Garros, scheduled between late May and early June, was postponed.
Sinner, new phenomenon of Italian tennis: "I dream of beating Federer at Wimbledon".
"The final of the Slam that I would like to play is that of the US Open because so far, of all the slams I have played, except Roland Garros, it has the field I like best" says the talent of Italian tennis Sinner on Sky's microphones sport.
"The ball bounces higher and could help my game," explained ranking number 73. On the grass I still have to understand how to play, while in Australia I played in strange conditions, there was a lot of wind, but I might like it. The opponent of the final? Everything is fine. "
Speaking of Wimbledon, which was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic this year, Sinner explains:
“It will be very exciting my first time on the central because there is much more history of tennis.
If I had to choose a player to face I would choose Federer because he is the best you can meet on the grass and if you beat him you can win the tournament ".
(AGI and Sky Sport sources).
Source: Blitz Quotidiano